Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Secret Symbols » Masonic compass
Hello, guest
Name: Peter Cripps  •  Title: Masonic compass  •  Date posted: 03/05/07 6:33
Q: I have heard that the Hebrew or Greek word which has been traditionally translated as 'carpenter' can also mean builder. Can anyone verify this? If I'm right, then that implies that Jesus and Joseph weren't merely carpenters, but were builders/contractors, which meant they were not of such humble origins as traditionally believed. They were probably wealthy enough to purchase a family tomb such as the one at Talpiot. Furthermore, this might explain the 'chevron' on the front of the tomb. It may actually be a compass which was adopted as a symbol used by freemasons. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Marie  •  Date: 03/05/07 18:13
A: It is also possible that the Chevron is the Arch from the Masons. It's hard to tell. I have been trying to follow all the Masonic broadcast on PBS, History and Discovery channels, as possible. I believe there is a definite connection between this broadcast and the Mason's but that's just my belief. 
Name: SpiritWoman  •  Date: 03/06/07 13:56
A: Well there goes another theory.

On the grail quest, through the Knights Templar secrets, thier connection with the FreeMasons and the protection of the holy bloodline.

All have been theorizing what it was the Templars kept hidden and if it was buried/lost.

Makes for another Best Seller.

Peace
SW 
Name: Jaybo  •  Date: 03/06/07 20:45
A: See the book for an interesting treatment on the chevron... looks like the Knights Templar and the Freemasons have continued some sort of tradition... there is even a picture of a painting by another artist (besides DaVinci) of this theme in the pix in the book. 
Name: Historian  •  Date: 03/07/07 17:02
A: Peter, I agree, based on interpretations from the story of Moses. All evidence points to Joseph having been a wealthy contractor, as we would say today. The grave symbols are not mysterious. The "chevron" is a graphic roof that represents heaven, or "in heaven"? The circle represents neverending love or eternal remembrance. There is no relationship between these symbols and the pyramid and God's all-seeing eye of Freemasonry. 
Name: lightwoman  •  Date: 03/08/07 0:08
A: I believe in original Greek versions of the Gospels (can't remember which, if not all 4), the word was "tekton" (not sure of the spelling) which was translated roughly into English as carpenter, but it actually meant master builder, comparable to a contractor today. 
Name: Achaney  •  Date: 03/11/07 6:22
A: Check out Giorgione's (1578-1510) painting of, "The adoration of the shepards", it shows baby jesus and family in front of a cave and above the mouth of the cave is an EYE! 
Name: Norm Potter  •  Date: 03/11/07 19:15
A: It's a common Masonic Symbol. See the Gulliver Code site at
http://www.gullivercode.com/wiki-/index.php/Proof_and_the_Pudding
fo-r- a picture, which even has the dot under the chevron. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD