Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Secret Symbols » Symbol "Eye of God"
Hello, guest
Name: kamor  •  Title: Symbol "Eye of God"  •  Date posted: 03/10/07 21:06
Q: I think that the symbol over the entrance to the tomb could be an early representation of the christian symbol "Eye of God" which is a triangle with an eye in it. This could mean that God looks over the tomb and also could explain the same symbol found on Simon bar Jonahs ossuary. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: benjiwa  •  Date: 03/11/07 3:08
A: The Chevron and dot looks like an early version of the "all seeing eye". The one we see used on the US dollar bill. I think a very compelling arguement has been made. 
Name: jcal  •  Date: 03/15/07 19:25
A: I think that is a very interesting opinion. My opinion is that this represents the head of a fish. The circle being the eye of the fish. I thought this before knowing that the fish reresents christianity and later found out that early christians under persicution in Rome used a similar symbol to identify themselves to other christians. The Only difference being the eye. 
Name: iviliamu  •  Date: 11/19/08 6:12
A: The father, The son and The holy spirit. and an eye is the God of our soul. 
Name: horse tail  •  Date: 01/17/09 1:04
A: I could not speculate on the origin of the simbol or it's meaning, rather i would like to share an observation linked to the it. Recently i had the idea to watch as many award winning movies from the past as i can. One of them was the film adaptation of the musical "Fiddler On The Roof". At the end of the movie the jewish people stoped at a crossroad forming the same simbol found above the tomb's entrance. I guess someone involved in the production and the filming would have an idea what it means. I also would like to point out that if this simbol represents an eye , then it might be related to the temples inTibet, which contain an eye as a symbol and it is speculated that during his years ijn solitude Jesus Christ might have been traveling around these lands. 
Name: bonijean2  •  Date: 04/27/14 16:09
A: kamor - yes, that is a good guess because the "eye" could date back as far into ancient history as the arrival of Noahs Ark onto the mountain top. It has been symbolized with the image of an eye, a round circle or dot as in a small letter i, large letters I, AI, AE, and AY or two II's, etc. My research suggests that the actual location was near the ancient city of AYIN where ancient Hebrews knew that God was keeping His Eye on them. 
Name: bonijean2  •  Date: 05/08/14 4:33
A: Also, I believe I have seen this most ancient symbol on what appears to be a giant bird carved in antiquity on a rocky hillside not far from where I believe there is also a very large ancient ceremonial site. The inscribed images are faint but repeat themselves at least twice so I believe this to be of an ancient Sumerian/Hebrew origin. Strange as it seems there is also what appears to be the outline of a very large keel or bottom of a boat. Again, it is not in the Middle East but in the Pacific Northwest. 
Name: Brad Watson, Miami  •  Date: 06/01/14 15:58
A: The chevron points upward and is atop a circle which most basically represents the Sun or Moon (mOOn). Sun worship portrayed by the Son of GOD? He was brought down from the Cross before sun-set, and appeared about 37 hours later after sun-rise on Sun-day.

Judaism was NOT the first monotheistic religion. For awhile in ancient Egypt, they worshipped the Sun-god Ra ("ray") as the One God. Early Judaism was greatly influenced by Egyptian religion. Early Christianity was a fusion of Messianic-Judaism and Mithraism: Sun worship. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD