Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Archeology of Jesus » Tomb of Jesus? What happened to his body?
Hello, guest
Name: rainier3  •  Title: Tomb of Jesus? What happened to his body?  •  Date posted: 03/04/07 15:06
Q: Q: Jesus died at the crucifix and was brought down to put him in his chamber where he was going to supposedly buried. but after three days, they said Jesus went to heaven since his body was gone. but who really did have the body and put it in this so called "Tomb" of Jesus? It is possible that only the spirit showed up to most disciples but WHO had the BODY of christ? could it be one of the disciples? Apostles? Mary Magdalene herself? we dont know unless someone has proof and may change christianity dramatically forever... 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: rainier3  •  Date: 03/04/07 15:11
A: A: The answers to this question is uncertain, but the following maybe considered to have had his body

1) Mary Magdalene: As said to be the mother, it might be possible that she took him and put him somewhere else that only she and their "son" know so no one could disturb his resting place

2) Disciples: One of them or all of them is possible to have taken his body and bury it somewhere else possibly out of Gods word or Jesus's Apparition telling them to do so

3) Apostles: its possible that they could have been loyal enough to do so 
Name: dturner945  •  Date: 03/04/07 16:07
A: THE ROCK THAT JOSEPH CARVED OUT FOR HIMSELF, STILL LAYS OUTSIDE OF JERUSALEM. THE ROCK STRUCTURE WAS BUILT BY JOSEPH, FOR JOSEPH. BUT INSTEAD HE PUT JESUS IN IT. YOUR TOMBS MIGHT HAVE MARY-JESUS MOTHER, AND MARY MAGDALENE OR JOSEPH IN THE OTHER. JESUS DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO MARRY ANY WOMAN AND HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO HAVE A CHILD. BUT YOU DEVIL'S CHILDREN ARE GOING TO FACE A LOT OF TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS. I HOPE THAT YOU DIDN'T OPEN THOSE TOMBS, IF YOU HAVE JUST RELEASED A CURSE. THAT LEADS TO MORE TROUBLE TO THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!1 
Name: Ktdrt  •  Date: 03/05/07 16:48
A: The answer would not change my belief. For myself, it would only strengthen my faith. 
Name: AlanHarmony  •  Date: 03/06/07 5:51
A: Body? he was back alive. What part of a living, breathing person do you not understand?

After he realized he couldn't stay there, due to being a politically hot potato, he and Thomas left for points east, and worked in Taxila for years. After that Thomas went to teach in the southern part of India. Jesus stayed in the north.... and died there... but you can read about some of that on tombofjesus.com and the rest you can read about in The Long Return. 
Name: Jack D Viau  •  Date: 03/07/07 4:21
A: ALAN HARMONY, you are totaly LOST 
Name: endthefish  •  Date: 03/10/07 18:16
A: dturner---

nothing you say is any more well documented than anything james cameron says, and watch the sweeping devil's children generalizations, that's just infantile.

historical evidence has given rise to speculation to the following: joseph bribed the roman guards. jesus was, as a result, not crucified at golgotha, but rather on joseph's own property. this crucifixion was supervised by the roman guard, but they left prior to jesus's death, thus when he was removed from the cross he was not quite dead yet, thus three days to resurrection becomes three days to be nursed back to health, return and make a nice retreat. the story of the resurrection is a nice story, and i'm sure that it was fantastic to tell instead, to let followers know jesus was ok, especially when roman guards were present, which was CONSTANTLY. the sensationalism and elaboration in the bible, when taken literally, undermines the political importance and influence of jesus, and that is something that needs to be taken into consideration. jesus was to the romans what usama bin laden is to the u.s. gov't, and as such great care needed to be taken when anyone was speaking about jesus or his teachings or his whereabouts. 
Name: Shlomo  •  Date: 03/12/07 1:52
A: dturner945 - Which Yosef are you talking about? Jesus had no time to marry and have children? Think again! Read societal and genealogy documents from the past.

"But you Devil's children," Who is the Devil? Trials and Tribulations? What is that? 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/05/07 16:30
A: I'm wondering if the skeletons in the ossuaries were complete or were any parts missing.I believe that Jesus appeared in His spirit body after His death thus proving there is something on the otherside.Jesus appeared to Padre Pio when he was in prayer,laid His hands on him and gave him the mark of the Stigmata.Padre Pio lived in the 20th century and also recieved the gift of healing.The Stigmata is the five wounds Christ recieved on the cross.And it wasn't faked.He should be elevated to Saint status soon. 
Name: Nate  •  Date: 06/28/07 7:37
A: The bones of Jesus were inside the ossuary when it was discovered, but they were removed and reburied in acordance with Jeiwsh religious law and custom.

Nate 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 07/21/07 15:37
A: According to the Gospel of Mary Magdelene Jesus's body was moved by friends and family to an inner chamber .Following the Ossuary customs of their time he was rewrapped and allowed to decompose before burial in his limestone coffin marked with his name and a star.He appeared in Spirit to her the first Easter morning----possibly the first day of Spring(Oestre/Ostara) depending on which calendar calculations are used. 
Name: doctorgold  •  Date: 08/12/07 23:53
A: Did he really die on the cross? 
Name: Marco  •  Date: 03/27/08 16:58
A: I heard that Jesus's body is in Vaticane's secret archive. All of you are qouting the Bible, but why you don't speak about documents of Roman Empire. I think, that the Bible is not very faithful book. It is only fairy tale as I said before. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 04/10/08 21:50
A: Hi, Marco.

The following is what came from "Yale University - press 1997, pp.9-23"

FROM JESUS TO CHRIST.
Jesus as Rabbi.

The oscillation between describing the role of Jesus as Rabbi and attributing to him a new and unique authority made additional titles necessary. One such was Prophet, as in the acclamation on Palm Sunday (Matt. 21:11),''This is the prophet Jesus from Nazareth of Galilee." Probably the most intriguing version of it is once again in Aramaic (Rev. 3:14): "The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness." The word Amen was the formula of affirmation to end a prayer, as in the farewell charge of Moses to the people of Israel, where each verse concludes (Deut. 27:l4-26): "And all the people shall say, 'Amen.'" In the New Testament an extension of the meaning of Amen becomes evident in the Sermon on the Mount: Amen lego hymin, "Truly, I say to you." Some seventy-five times throughout the four Gospels Amen introduces an authoritative pronouncement by Jesus. As the one who had the authority to make such pronouncements, Jesus was the Prophet. The word prophet here means chiefly not one who foretells, although the sayings of Jesus do contain many predictions, but one who is authorized to speak on behalf of Another and to tell forth. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus is quoted as asserting (Matt. 5:17-18): "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly [amen], I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished." That affirmation of the permanent validity of the law of Moses is followed by a series of specific quotations from the law, each introduced with the formula "You have heard that it was said to the men of old"; each such quotation is then followed by a commentary opening with the magisterial formula "But I say to you" (Matt. 5:21-48). The commentary is an intensification of the commandment, to include not only its outward observance but the inward spirit and motivation of the heart. All these commentaries are an elaboration of the warning that the righteousness of the followers of Jesus must exceed that of those who followed other doctors of the law (Matt. 5:20).

The conclusion of the Sermon on the Mount confirms the special status of Jesus as not only Rabbi but Prophet (Matt. 7:28-8:1): "And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes. When he came down from the mountain, great crowds followed him." Then there come several miracle stories. The New Testament does not attribute the power of performing miracles only to Jesus and his followers (Matt. 12:27), but it does cite the miracles as substantiation of his standing as Rabbi-Prophet. That identification of Jesus was a means both of affirming his continuity with the prophets of Israel and of asserting his superiority to them as the Prophet whose coming they had predicted and to whose authority they had been prepared to yield. In Deut. 18:15-22, God tells Moses, and through him the people, that he "will raise up for them a prophet like me from among you," to whom the people are to pay heed. In its biblical context, this is the authorization of Joshua as the legitimate successor of Moses, but in the New Testament and in later Christian writers, the prophet to come is taken to be Jesus-Joshua. He is portrayed as the one Prophet in whom the teaching of Moses was fulfilled and yet superseded, the one Rabbi who both satisfied the law of Moses and transcended it; for "the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ" (John 1:17). To describe such a revelation of grace and truth, the categories of Rabbi and Prophet were necessary but not sufficient. Therefore later anti-Muslim Christian apologists would find Islam's identification of Jesus as a great prophet and forerunner to Muhammad to be inadequate and hence inaccurate, so that the potential of the figure of Jesus the Prophet as a meeting ground between Christians and Muslims has never been fully realized.

For Rabbi and Prophet yielded to two other categories, each of them likewise expressed in an Aramaic word and then in its Greek translation: Messias, the Aramaic form of "Messiah," translated into Greek as ho Christos, "Christ," the Anointed One (John 1:41, 4:25); and Marana, "our Lord," in the liturgical formula Maranatha, "Our Lord, come!" translated into Greek as ho Kyrios (1 Cor. 16:22).

The future belonged to these titles and to the identification of him as the Son of God and second person of the Trinity. But in the process of establishing themselves, Christ and Lord, as well as even Rabbi and Prophet, often lost much of their Semitic content.
TO THE CHRISTIAN DISCIPLES OF THE FIRST CENTURY THE CONCEPTION OF JESUS AS RABBI WAS SELF-EVIDENT.
TO THE CHRISTIAN DISCIPLES OF THE SECOND CENTURY IT WAS EMBARRASING,
TO THE CHRISTIANDISCIPLES OF THE THIRD CENTURY AND BEYOND IT WAS OBSCURE.

God bless you. 
Name: Marco  •  Date: 04/11/08 11:46
A: And What it shows to me? 
Name: Marco  •  Date: 04/11/08 11:49
A: Why don't you speak about it from your opinion? 
Name: sam  •  Date: 04/15/08 18:00
A: Dear Marco,

Your question: "And What it shows to me? "

---- When the Scholar Jaroslav Pelikan examines the changing perceptions of Jesus' role as a Jewish rabbi and teacher, to become son of God or as a part of God in the trinity formula which all the Christians today believe and follow, that should show you that the Christians are not following the teaching of Jesus but what the churches created after Jesus time [you know that the trinity was created after 380 years from Jesus death and by the people in Rome].

When you read the following from the gospels:
- "This is TRULY THE PROPHET who is to come into this world."
- "When you lift up THE SON OF MAN, then you will know THAT I AM HE."
- "you call Me TEACHER AND LORD; and you are right, for SO I AM."
- ''THIS IS THE PROPHET JESUS from Nazareth of Galilee."
- "I CAN DO NOTHING ON MY OWN INITIATIVE."

All that shows you the truth, and all THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS THE PROPHET.

Adding to the words of the Christian scholar 'Pelikan', the words of another Christian, the Bishop John S. Spong:
-The Bible full of contradictions and errors.
- The Gospels cannot be trusted to be reliable.
- God who can be killed ought to be killed.
- A God or a faith system that has to be deffended daily is finally no God or faith system at all.
- The essence of Christ was CONFUSED with the form in which that essence was communicated.

And adding, The many discoveries:
"The discovery of 45 lost texts at Nag Hammadi in 1945 gave scholars a new perspective on Gnosticism. They now could read "gospels" and "revelations" by believers the early Church fathers had labeled heretics. "
These are the books which survived, when the early churches burned and killed those who do not follow thier teaching.

And the discovery of the tomb of Jesus and His family, which makes the story about Jesus, "HE PARTED FROM THEM AND WAS 'CARRIED' UP INTO HEAVEN" , not a true story, and makes the gospels cannot be trusted for telling the truth [as the bishop said].

Marco, can all that show you at the least something ?.

And your question: "Why don't you speak about it from your opinion? "

It is not a matter of an opinion, mine, yours or anyone else. The truth can be found only by going to the words of God [the commandments], and the words of Jesus, and they are very clear.
YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER gods BEFORE ME {the FIRST COMMANDMENT}....THE LORD OUR GOD {OUR -MY GOD AND YOURS} IS ONE LORD {ONE GOD}.....NO ONE IS GOOD EXCEPT GOD ALONE {GOD ALONE}....and HE SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT IN PRAYER TO GOD {Jesus prayer to His God, our God, {THE ONLY TRUE GOD- J-17:3}
Truly, truly, I [Jesus] say to you, A SLAVE is not greater than HIS MASTER, NOR IS ONE WHO IS SENT [JESUS] GREATER THAN THE ONE WHO SENT HIM [GOD].

GOD IS THE MASTER, THAT IS BY THE WORD OF JESUS, AND JESUS IS HIS SERVANT. {MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN. M-12:18, AND THAT IS BY THE WORD OF GOD},

So, Jesus cannot be God or son of God according to the words of God and Jesus, but He is a teacher, and a Prophet and a sevant to God.

God bless you. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD