Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Theological Implications » Video; Dr. Robert Beckford, Who Wrote The Bible
Hello, guest
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Title: Video; Dr. Robert Beckford, Who Wrote The Bible  •  Date posted: 01/17/08 14:19
Q: View Dr. Beckford's entire video

Who Wrote The Bible, at

http://www.videosift.com/video/Dr-Rob-ert-Beckfords-Who-Wrote-The-Bible-107mins- 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 01/18/08 4:26
A: Hello,

I have now watched this video twice.

Being familiar with standard text analysis practices (exegesis) (because of my degree in theology) certainly helped me to follow Dr. Beckford's presentation.

But, I think a person without the four years of training I have can still follow along. I encourage you to back it up, listen to part twice, even 3 times. I did.

Let yourself be reasured by the fact that seminary students all over the world have come to grips with the reality of literary analysis and historico-critiquing of the Bible. One might think that faith is forever shaken. Not so. Faith is changed. But not destroyed. Faith is even strengthened.

Indie 
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 01/18/08 15:28
A: Three moments in the documanrary :

Three things I find touching about Dr. Beckford's documentary :

- he begins by going to his mother, who taught him a a child about the Bible

- when he transitions from the Old to the New Testament portion of the documentary, he begins his New Testament portion by speaking to Christians from the Palestinian community.

- he ends his documentary by referring again back to his mother's faith.

Indie 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 01/19/08 19:42
A: Hi indie,
If a religion cannot stand up under scrutiny or release from obligations a believer without reprocutions then it is not worth believeing or following. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 01/19/08 21:32
A: Hi Panluna,

You spoke the truth.

John 5:43/44 I [JESUS] have come in my father's name... How can you believe when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from THE ONE AND ONLY GOD?.

They are seeking their own made up glory, and not the glory of the one and only GOD. That is the truth.
Faith is changed !!!, [Indie is right] it is not the same as it was at the time of Jesus, and as it came from His teaching.

God bless you. 
Name: sam  •  Date: 01/19/08 23:55
A: Indie & Panluna,
Hello,

"James, like John and Jesus before him, saw himself as a faithful Jew. None of them believed that their movement was a new religion. It was Paul who transformed Jesus and his message through his ministry to the gentiles, breaking with James and the followers of Jesus in Jerusalem, preaching a message based on his own revelations that would become Christianity. Jesus became a figure whose humanity was obscured; John became merely a forerunner of Jesus; and James and the others were all but forgotten." Doctor Tabor

" IT WAS PAUL WHO TRANSFORMED JESUS."
"IT WAS CONSTANTENE [and the Bishops of Rome] WHO TRANSFORMED JESUS AGAIN"

Jesus became a figure whose humanity was obscured!!!.
Jesus spent the whole night in prayer to God, but because of these two transformations He became the son of God & God at the same time, and the Christians pray to Him, and worship Him. !!!.

What Dr. Tabor wrote above is true, and may be it is something new to some, But what he wrotes here , I did write the same, before few years in the N.G. forums (you can check it out - under the name "THE TRUTH" OR "THE LOGIC"), and THE DISCUSSIONS went for nearly one year , specially with my friend "Joe Trusty " , and you can read that , under the title "the gospel of Judas", and search for Joe Trusty.

God bless you 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD