Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Secret Symbols » "Maria" ossuary inscription -"final M" ?
Hello, guest
Name: JMD  •  Title: "Maria" ossuary inscription -"final M" ?  •  Date posted: 03/30/07 5:29
Q: Does anyone know if there's any truth to the 'M' of the Maria ossuary, being a "closed-M" also known as "final M"?

This was something I found on the Internet, on a blog, and I thought it was interesting. Apparently, if one compares the "M" of the ossuary inscription for "Matia" to the "M" of the "Maria" ossuary, you will note that Matia has the 'open' standard/usual form, yet Maria has the 'closed' form, or 'final' form which should only be at the end of words ending in m.

Apparently, the closed-form M appears once only in the entire Hebrew Bible, at the beginning of a word - the word "Marbe" meaning to 'increase'. And, "Marbe" is supposedly in Isaiah 9:6? written in connection with the birth of the Messiah?

Is the M on the Maria inscription a 'final-M'? Does this happen only once in the Hebrew Bible, if at all? [a closed, rather than usual open, M at the beginning of a word]. Does it relate to the Messiah?

If it is true, could it be an esoteric clue to this tomb being the Jesus Family tomb? This is what Isaiah 9:6 says, (grabbing the nearest Bible, which happens to be the King James version:)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Yet, I noticed, in the next verse of Isiah, 9:7, it begins with: "Of the 'increase' of his government..."
If 'Marbe' means 'increase' wouldn't this word here begin with the closed/final M?

Just wondering about this bit of interesting information I found out in Cyberland, if anyone knew if there is any truth to this? Even partial truth? Or did someone just make the whole thing up? 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: QuebecIndieAnna  •  Date: 01/04/08 16:30
A: Hello JMD
I have just joined this discussion forum (Jan4th 08).
In the US, the film title Spanglish combines 2 words.
In Quebec, we use Franglish.
The tomb seems to have two bilingual names, one that is LatiBrew and one that is GreekBrew. This family seems to have been multicultural.
IndieAnna (Sorry. I can't answer your question.) 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD