Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » A Letter of Caution to the Christian Community
Hello, guest
Name: BlessedChildofGod333  •  Title: A Letter of Caution to the Christian Community  •  Date posted: 03/02/07 13:19
Q: A Letter of Caution to the Christian Community

The importance of the Jesus Family Tomb discovery can not be ignored. There are too many DETAILS that have been uncovered that REQUIRE more investigation before any further comments should be made about the bones of Jesus or the son of Jesus.

YOUR COMMENTS SHOULD BE RESTRICTED TO GIVING FACTS ONLY:

"The RE - discovery of the East Talpiot tomb, the one they are calling THE JESUS FAMILY TOMB, needs to be looked into further by experts, scientists and scholars to be evaluated based on it's merits. This information has not been fully investigated yet."

"The movie raises more questions than it answers and this subject will continue to evolve as more evidence is presented for consideration."

"It is important to remember that there has only been 2 ossuaries tested for a DNA connection, for maternity connection only, which was not established. The Bones, which were found both in ossuaries and out of the ossuaries, have not been fully DNA fingerprinted, examined or identified and to comment on this ongoing investigation is foolish."

"To make blanket statements that one ossuary held the remains of Jesus is very dangerous. There is no SCIENTIFIC evidence of ANY IDENTITIES of the remains found in this tomb"

"FAITH REQUIRES NO DNA EVIDENCE, THEREFORE WE WHO HAVE FAITH IN JESUS NEED NOT WAIT FOR DNA EVIDENCE. THE EVIDENCE IS IN OUR HEART"

Now Look, (I say with a heavy sigh) I you don't know me , or my beliefs or anything about me. But Jesus knows me and has been in my heart since age 12. I am a Christian I know the WORD was made flesh and walked upon the Earth, I believe in Every single word of the Bible. I've seen the miracles, I've felt the Love. I know in my heart that Jesus left this world, just as described in the Bible by way of the Ascension.
I know it is real.

BUT.... There are details about this particular tomb which can not be ignored.

Now, again, let me be clear: This tomb discovery does not shake my faith in God the Father or Jesus the Son, being the Savior of the world. Nope not one little, tiny bit.

IN FACT THIS FAMILY TOMB FINDING IS GREAT FOR CHRISTIANITY. IT PROVES THAT THESE PEOPLE EXISTED. MORE EVIDENCE.
That what I like to see........ == FACTS ==
It helps when talking to a science minded non-believer. You can talk their language.

I am not worried about those of us who are deep in our walk with the LORD. No..... I am worried about those who will be deceived into thinking that this tomb diminished Jesus' message. God so Loved the World that He gave his only begotten son so that we may have ever lasting life. (with Him)

I am worried that the SCIENCE of this discovery will be pushed away
out of fear = this will make some new, weak or falling believers question their decision for Christ.

THIS SUBJECT IS NOT GOING TO GO AWAY. You know what is going to happen, the enemy will use this for the destruction of Jesus' credibility.

But take heart, THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR.

I ASK YOU TO WAIT FOR THE FACTS... NOT YET FULLY ESTABLISHED

REMEMBER THE SKULLS

The KEY DETAIL which requires us to reserve our opinion, reminds us that the three skulls were found NOT IN the OSSUARIES when they uncovered the tomb in East Talpiot. These very important skulls are probably not from the first century. The fact that uncovered bones where found within a Jewish tomb by itself is highly suspect.

This does suggest an introduction of human remains after the original tomb closure at the time of Christ.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FACT = THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

THERE ARE HUMAN REMAINS FOUND IN THE TOMB WHICH ARE NOT CONSIDERED PART OF THE FAMILY AND ARE POSSIBLY FROM 1000 YEARS AFTER CHRIST's DEATH

The skulls needs to be part of your discussion with Believers.

Before DNA material matching is made between the key players in this all important drama - the CHRISTIAN community should reserve judgment and reserve comment.
DO NOT COMMENT ON THE SON JUDAH OSSUARY.
DO NOT COMMENT ON THE JESUS OSSUARY

WAIT ON THE LORD. PRAY FOR DISCERNMENT AND WISDOM.

AS CHRISTIANS YOU NEED TO TALK TO PEOPLE USING FACTS ONLY =
YOU CAN NOT DISMISS THIS DISCOVERY, FOR THE ENEMY WILL USE YOUR IGNORANCE AGAINST YOU.

You need to follow this tomb investigation. Not only that, but you need to make suggestions to the DOCUMENTORS --

Please only educated, intelligent suggestions only.
Be Helpful, = Loving Energy ONLY
Go to the Website: www.jesusfamilytomb.com
post your CONTINUED CHRISTIAN FAITH comments.

POINTS TO TALK ABOUT:

CROSS MATCHING DNA ON ALL KNOWN FAMILY MEMBERS HAS NOT YET BEEN ESTABLISHED -

CURRENTLY:
THERE ARE NO DNA SAMPLES THAT HAVE BEEN FROM THESE OSSUARIES THAT HAVE BEEN POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED TO BE FAMILY MEMBERS OR RELATED TO ONE ANOTHER

Without first taking the DNA sample from Ossuary 80/505 -- “Maria” ,
the MOTHER MARY box and DNA matching it for maternal positive ID
too Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef” – “Jesus, Son of Joseph” box
then doing the same thing over and over with the reportedly known family
members who where also found in the tomb, CROSS MATCHING MATERNAL AND PATERNAL DNA, will you have a real TRUE foundation to base the claim of Jesus' bones have been found.

KEEP THIS IN MIND:
GOD IS IN CONTROL

All WE have are possibilities until proper identification can be established.
I am very disappointed that the film makers made the statement that the Jesus Ossuary, the Mary Magdalene Ossuary and the Judah Ossuary where : HUSBAND, WIFE AND CHILD =
Based on the placement of the Ossuaries in the Tomb.
CAN WE WAIT FOR SCIENCE PLEASE?

Remind the World that this is speculation and not FACT YET!

There are many possible variables.

For all we know these bones found in the Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef” – “Jesus, Son of Joseph” could belong to the skulls that were found.

REMEMBER THIS:
THIS MAY BE JESUS' FAMILY MEMBERS
BE RESPECTFUL

EVEN IF THIS IS NOT, BE RESPECTFUL

Jesus would want us to show love in a firm and respectful manner.
Never believe for one minute that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirt have left us!
For They are watching and in full control! AMEN!

I have urged caution to everyone - CHRISTIANS AND NON-CHRISTIANS alike - about making any assumptions about the relationships of these people and their identities until further DNA evidence can be collected from each bone box and hopefully from the bones themselves.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN REMEMBER IS THE SKULLS THAT WERE FOUND IN THE TOMB WITH THE OSSUARIES ARE NOT FROM THE FIRST CENTURY.

THIS IS UNUSUAL AND AGAINST JEWISH TRADITION.

THESE BOXES HAVE BEEN TAMPERED WITH AND POSSIBLY CONTAMINATED WITH THE REMAINS OF OTHERS. THE BONES HAVE NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED, CATEGORIZED OR EVEN EXAMINED PROPERLY.

*****THERE WAS A SHORT COMMENT AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE ABOUT THE FACT THERE WERE MORE THAN ONE HUMAN REMAINS IN AT LEAST ONE OF THESE OSSUARIES.*****

THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

TALK ABOUT THIS WITH YOUR BELIEVERS.

It is extremely dangerous to say that this is the same JESUS
box and the remains of "THE JESUS OF NAZARETH"
without first taking the DNA sample from Ossuary 80/505 -- “Maria” ,
the MOTHER MARY box and DNA matching it for maternal positive ID
too Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef” – “Jesus, Son of Joseph”

Now when that information comes to light, then you will have a much
clearer picture of the family connection within the tomb.

This also needs to be done with ALL the ossuaries
and bones (if possible) so that any samples can be preserved,
tested and FULLY DNA IDENTIFIED.

Of course this goes without saying that DNA parental identification
needs to be established with the Ossuary 80/503 "Yeshua bar Yosef”
– “Jesus, Son of Joseph” and the Ossuary 80/500:
“Mariamene e Mara” – “Mariamne, also called Master”
with regard to the possible child
Ossuary 80/501: “Yehuda bar Yeshua” – “Judah, son of Jesus”

The evidence of the Ossuaries are very compelling. Pray that the Holy Spirit bring the truth into your heart and to the heart of the world.

All of this bears more investigation with an open mind. Asking for God in Heaven to give you discernment and wisdom is always a good idea, because He will ALWAYS answer. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: SpiritWoman  •  Date: 03/02/07 15:19
A: I Agree. I would be most curious to know the results of a full DNA study of all the bones that were found. And would also like to know hwy they stopped at such a crucial moment in the study. Was it cash flow or are they still documenting the findings?

I have not seen the documatary yet, but will be watching it on discovery.

I look forward to firther discussion on conclusion.

Peace
SW 
Name: Merovingian  •  Date: 03/02/07 15:35
A: "IN FACT THIS FAMILY TOMB FINDING IS GREAT FOR CHRISTIANITY. IT PROVES THAT THESE PEOPLE EXISTED. MORE EVIDENCE.
That what I like to see........ == FACTS =="

the most stupid thing i've read.

there is not prove that this is His tomb....just think logically.....

and christianity do not need such shite to be proven the existence of God......

maybe your mind will grow up and understand some things after some time:).

There is no FACT of J. Tomb...just another pseudo-scientific movie.

And people...read about DNA to understand how the things are.

I dont have time:)

And everyone in fact believes whatever he want....so...stay cool. 
Name: bigpundaddy  •  Date: 03/05/07 6:00
A: Now I am confused. Why was this posted? Another deception. I think every Christian should bare in mind that your man made religion is being challenged. To have a Pastor or whoever are come on here and post this is just lost. Open you eyes, smell the grass, absorb the sun and look around this is fact. PURE fact. 
Name: truth  •  Date: 03/05/07 7:15
A: For years people have replaced G-d with Jesus. I think G-d has had enough. Is your faith so weak that the bones of Jesus will make you abandon G-d? The Creator wants mankind to serve him in spirit and truth. It is said, “The truth will set you free!”
I find it strange that Judaism and Islam don’t view Jesus in the same manner as Christianity.
Is it not strange that Jesus was not thought of as god in flesh until years later? No where in the Jewish writings or Aramaic text does it state Jesus is a god.
Many of you will say it’s because the Jews killed him. You sadly mistaken and mislead. You have been lied to. Hoodwinked! Oppressed Jews didn’t have the authority to order anyone to be killed? The following are a few points to think about:

1)James, the brother of said in a debate over Jesus’ doctrine, that he (Jesus) never said, “He was the son of G-d.”
2)Jesus was Jewish, Jewish men marry and have families. Does not the Bible say, “He (Jesus) would kiss her (Mary) on her mouth often? As a Jew he would follow the law, would he not? Kissing her outside of marriage categorizes of fornication.
3)If the truth came out at this time the Catholic Church would lose billions of dollars and go into ruins. The people would know that they had been lying and leave the church.
4)The Orthodox Jews don’t want you to know the truth because you may try to become Jewish.
I will gather them from the four corners of earth, saith the L-rd our G-d. Some who believe in Jesus will become Muslims and those who don’t, Jews. I will make him (Ishmael) a Great Nation, saith the Lord our G-d.
5)My father would say, “If someone wants to rule over someone else all they have to do is Feed them and give them Money. And if they really want them to do what they say, Take It All Away!
Think about it, need I say more?
6) The Bible say’s, When the Messiah comes he will bring PEACE. We have not reached that state. However, I do see G-d unveiling the hearts of mankind and truth replacing the veil. Love never Fails!
7) READ, READ, READ, in the name of the L-rd. He will reveal the truth! Friday sundown to Sunday is not three days!

Lastly, I leave you the reader with this question. If there was no promise of Heaven or Hell would you continue to serve G-d? You say Yes, but would your heart still love Him the same if there were no streets paved of gold. Could you love Jesus for the doctrine he left Knowing that he is not G-d in flesh? ( G-d is G-d. Alone There is none else.) You would have to learn to TRUST G-d and Him Alone as does the Jew and Muslim. 
Name: eks_spurt  •  Date: 03/05/07 7:46
A: My faith is never shaken. I cannot find any reason that Jesus would be exempt from ever having a wife or child, nor a grave. There is nowhere listed in the Bible something that would give him exemption from these things.
Something my wife pointed out, if he took his body to Heaven, why does he not return with the same body, such as listed in Revelations, for instance?
Yet from my point of view a person of faith does not need a letter of caution stating that there is need for more scientific study, one way or the other. Do I need to name mens names who have doubted the divinity of Jesus? I'll be darned if Caiaphas wasn't one of the first. Another was a priest of the church named Arius, about 300 years later. And then again another 300 or so years closer to our time was a fella named Mohammed. He came right out and called Jesus a prophet of God, in the Quran.
Didn't God give man free will? Why does man wish to supress the questions? Is man affraid of the answer God may give? Why is Jesus doubted by people of faith? 
Name: nizack05  •  Date: 03/05/07 7:50
A: Fact: as a Christian our job isn't to save people, or to prove that Jesus was in fact here on earth as God in the flesh. Our job is to tell people about Jesus and his Word (The Bible) and let the Holy Spirit do the work.

would you not agree? (from a Christian's perspective of course) 
Name: KRS  •  Date: 03/05/07 8:31
A: Truth, ok, line by line on your facts.

1. no where, in any historically reliable source, is James the brother of Christ quoted as saying Christ did not claim to be God. All the New Testament gospels record Christ as making these claims and all of these books were written in the first century AD.
2. Uh, no the Bible doesn't say this, thats found in a gnostic gospel. The internal evidence indicates that those books were written much later, and few scholars consider them useful for studying the history of Jesus.
3. True, but irrelevant; Christianity isn't about money, and never has been.
4-5. I'm unsure of your source, but your argument is off in respect to the orthodox Jews.
6. The text doesn't say he will rise after being dead three days, it says he will rise on the third day. Incidentally, there are some who identify the death of Christ as occuring on Thursday rather than Friday (since the day after the Passover was always a Sabbath, no matter what day of the week it fell on), though this is less likely.

Your final conclusion is not the teaching of the NT, Islam and Christianity can't both be true, but so far every test its passed every test where we have the data to objectively test it.

Niz, I would agree, but Remember 1 Peter 3:15 tells us to be ready to answer those who ask us.

As to the OP, I think you seriously overestimate their case. The identification of two of the ossuaries are highly suspect. The name Yose is probably a scribal error that simply has found its way into some English translations, meaning that Jesus doesn't have a brother with this name. The identification with Mary Magdalene requires the acceptance of material that has long been considered historically suspect, and they made a lot of other errors (speaking from an NT standpoint). 
Name: golfdane  •  Date: 03/05/07 9:45
A: @BlessedChildofGod333

Great post. Nice to see someone on the other side of the fence being reasonable about this.

Not like those "I will call every advertiser on this site, and tell them I will NEVER buy any of their products" kinda guy.

I totally concur, that this deserves a thorough investigation. The scientific faculty have had 27 years to get something going. Perhaps this is the catalyst that was needed (that someone grabbed the horns of the bull). 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD