Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Theological Implications » Different body?
Hello, guest
Name: CanuckChick  •  Title: Different body?  •  Date posted: 03/07/07 17:35
Q: I've read a few of the comments on this site and notice that no one has mentioned the following:

Quoting from "Insight on the Scriptures" - "After Jesus' resurrection he appeared in different bodies. Mary mistook him for the gardener. (John 20:14-15)

He again appeared, entering a room with locked doors, having a body with wound marks. (John 20:24-29)

Several times he manifested himself and was recognized, not by his appearance, but by his words and actions. (Luke 24:15, 16, 30, 31, 36-45; Matthew 28:16-18)

Once a miracle performed at his direction opened his disciples' eyes to his identity. (John 21:4-7, 12)

Jesus, having been resurrected as a spirit (1Peter 3:18) could materialize a body for the occasion as the angels did in past times, when they appeared as messengers. (Genesis 18:2; 19:1,12; Jos 5:13,14; Jg 13:3,6; Heb 13:2)" end of quote

The fact that his original body may or MAY NOT have been left to decay, really has no bearing on the resurrection and ascension.

His ascension was witnessed by upwards of 500 people, and so must have been one using a material body.

Time will tell whether this discovery of a "Jesus Tomb" is in fact authentic. Either way, it does not diminish my faith in the accuracy of the Bible.

If found to be truly Jesus' family tomb, it may finally silence those who contend that Jesus never walked the earth.

Peace,
CC 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Elijah  •  Date: 03/07/07 20:33
A: I believe Jesus ascended into heaven in human form and that He will forever be part of humanity. 
Name: CanuckChick  •  Date: 03/10/07 16:11
A: UYG 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD