Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » If it was so unusual.....?
Hello, guest
Name: hbic3  •  Title: If it was so unusual.....?  •  Date posted: 03/08/07 10:53
Q: Several of the historians on the show said to do this or that, oh highly unusual. For instance, for the inscription on the "Mary" tomb to have been latinized to "Maria" is highly unusual, and for there to have been inscriptions at all on these ossuaries was highly unusual. So..... if it was so highly unusual, why would it have been done? Especially for the family of Jesus to do it. Being 1). descendants of David, 2). being Jesus' and his relatives, why on earth would they identify themselves? I don't think they would have. And I highly doubt that the good Jewish people would have latinized, used the language of their oppressors to identify themselves. I dont' think those who buried Mary would have added insult to injury by inscribing her name in the language of the men who had murdered her son. Do you? I don't think the ossuraries are fake, but I do think that the inscriptions are frauds. The only thing that makes me wonder if the chevron with the dot or circle over the tomb where this symbol was also found on ossuraries known to be directly connected with Jesus (sorry I don't remember who or where it was, but it was in the show).
My problem with the name inscriptions are that they are too sharp... too new looking to me. They are too, I don't, aligned through the cracks in the stone. I would think that if they were carved before the cracks happened that the lines would be somewhat out of alignment, even if by milimeters.

I don't, just my theory. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD