Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Just watched it..
Hello, guest
Name: slyfoxx  •  Title: Just watched it..  •  Date posted: 03/07/07 13:08
Q: Good morning all!!! Well I finally got to see the much anticipated Tomb documentary. I thought it was awesome. I'm not sure why everyone is in an uproar about it. some say it was over embellished but I think that is their defences speaking. I'm not a Christian so I have no emotional ties to the outcome. Reading over everyones comments I've come to think that most of you don't make a habit of watching discovery documentaries. they are always excited at the possibilty of "what if". Just because it is a possible religious find should matter none. will is change the face of Christianity....possibly....but wouldn't you rather know the truth?? I think it was well done....it raised certain questions and I look forward to learning more about it. As a wee one I always wanted to be an archeologist or a paleontologist. what I did find odd is.....they were ordered to close the tomb in the end. IAA opened the tomb and left it opened and the building tenants were the ones that had it sealed for safety sake of their children. So why was IAA called??? Makes ya wonder.....
Anyways...have a fabulous day.

Brightest Blessings........ 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: tony34  •  Date: 03/07/07 14:22
A: There isn't much relevence to this theory anylonger. Sorry. 
Name: slyfoxx  •  Date: 03/07/07 14:46
A: There wasn't much relevence to the earth being round either but look how that turned out. People are too quick to judge and draw conclusions before all the factors are in place. thats the problems with many Christians.....they aren't open to possible theories or changes. Too much judgements because of some book. they don't agree with something therefore its wrong and must be abolished because its sinful. Phhhffftt. If something...anything questions or challenges the Christian faith its blasphemous yet Christians mock and judge others all the time. Different faiths...beliefs....lifestyles. Example....gays and lesbians. Or in the beginning the eradication of Pagans (which i am). Fear driven religions are just that....they fear everything and thats what drives their motivations to eliminate the source. OMG....if this idea catches on they may take over attitude. I don't think anything is over until its officially over. Is it stalled...yep but not over. If nothing else it might have opened some peopls eyes to the possibilities out there. No one.....and i mean no one....knows the truth. the truth is known only by the people that lived in that time period. We can guess.....we can follow clues.....dig up possible evidence but thats it. What baffles me is what if these were just ordinary people?? what if 2000 years from now someone dug up my families tomb or even this small town i live in. What would they find?? There are going to be things that fascinate and confuse them. Being Pagan we speak of magic all the time.....we speak of God and Goddess. most people in my family.....especially my mother keeps journals and diaries. what woudl this tell them??? What if it was a jewish person who found these journals??? They had to translate and figure out what made us tick. Absolutely no one knows what went on so many years ago. Why are these times the only times in history when magical things happened like parting waters, a virgin giving birth, animal filled boats and the such??? saying something is over when its just begun sounds to me like you hope its over.....and if thats the case I feel sorry for those with that thoughts process. Why live in a lie when we can celebrate the truth??? We didn't find all the dinosaurs at one time but did we just give up and exclaim that it was over?? No.....perseverence does pay off. Anyways....i'm off to work. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Brightest blessings!! 
Name: tony34  •  Date: 03/07/07 15:06
A: I'm sorry but there isn't a whole lot of relevence to this theory. No matter if you want there to be relevence or not. 
Name: KRS  •  Date: 03/07/07 16:19
A: Actually, sly, Tony is pretty much right. There is a reason why the archeologists, including many non-Christians are saying the theory isn't very accurate. I think, sly, your letting your hatred of Christianity (and what sounds to be hatred of Christians) to color your thinking on the issue. (Incidentally, the eradication of Pagans isn't in the beginning, its first discussed in the fifth century, in the beginning the pagans were trying to eradicate the Christians). Christians are like everyone else, they are biased, and some are able to deal with that bias objectively, others aren't. I'd count myself as someone who is, but I've also studied the data for years now - this theory just doesn't work. 
Name: KRS  •  Date: 03/07/07 16:21
A: PS, I don't mind further excavations by scholars, I hope scholars do investigate the matter, because I would expect that the theory would die as a result. Nevertheless, the reason why scholars aren't investigating this is becasue of the quality of the evidence, not out of some fear of what might be found. 
Name: slyfoxx  •  Date: 03/08/07 0:31
A: Excuse me??? Hatred of Christians??? Do you know me??? Obviously not because if you did, you would know that is the furthest thing from the truth. I was born and raised Christian....my family is Christian. I just happened to grow up and follow a different path. I couldn't understand why everyone was angry all the time and why so many were said to be going to hell or burning for an eternity. That is not my cup of tea. Who am I to judge.....as a Christian thats all that went on. don't hang out with that person because they are bad, don't date that guy because he is this religion, stay away from that girl because she has two mom's and so on. i love my family dearly but this lifestyle was not good for me, I don't like negative people and thats all the church was. Oh don't get me wrong , there was lots of love and praise until you did something they didn't approve of and then you would surely burn. I just don't believe in that way of thinking. The Pagans tried to eradicate the Christians??? *laffin hard* You my friend are delirious.....no such thing ever happened. Show me proof of this.....I'd like to see it. As far as me wanting something relevent....I could care less one way or another. I'm not exactly sure what theory you're speaking of. Jesus' bones being found has no affect whatsoever on myself because I don't praise him. I am merely interested in this discovery because of the possible outcome. I think it would be an fascinating dig for everyone concerned. I was completely fascinated to go to King Tut's Tomb but not for any other reason then to celebrate the discovery. AS far as this tomb goes.....kudos to everyone involved. I think its one more awesome step for our time. And say it did turn out to be Jesus's tomb.....well that wouldn't surprise me at all because he is just a man after all so why shouldn't he have a fmaily tomb??

Brightest Blessings to all... 
Name: tony34  •  Date: 03/08/07 1:47
A: There isn't much relevence to this story anylonger. Sorry. 
Name: kbob  •  Date: 03/08/07 2:02
A: LOL That's the best you can do? There isn't much relevance any more. If not, then why are you still here arguing it? Because you are not here to debate and discuss. You are here to try and force YOUR belief on everyone. That's all 
Name: tony34  •  Date: 03/08/07 3:02
A: well when you guys come up with something that is worth people's time then they will take notice of it.

But until then "there isn't much relevence to this theory anylonger. Sorry" 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD