Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » Theological Implications » Open-Minded or Feeble Minded?
Hello, guest
Name: RoyalChestnut  •  Title: Open-Minded or Feeble Minded?  •  Date posted: 03/06/07 3:44
Q: It seems so unfortunate that many people's first reaction to the Jesus Tomb film is to claim it is impossible based on Christian doctrine. Historically, the church, with all the good it has done, has also withheld, modified and promoted an image of Jesus that would ultimately keep mankind in the dark. Man was created by God with the capacity to think, wonder and question. Has manmade church doctrine become so overwhelming that man can no longer wonder and be curious about Jesus? As a free thinking Christian, I want to know all that I can about the man who made it his life's work to help us attain spiritual grace then made the ultimate sacrifice . If we turn away from modern revelations that may come our way about him, then are we not becoming feeble minded as well as feeble spirited? Why, if God created his son, Jesus, in the body of a man, wouldn't he have left behind his wounded human remains on Earth...in Jerusalem...perhaps in a tomb with his closest companions?
Even when Jesus appeared after his death, couldn't the power of God have given him a corporeal or familiar body in which to say goodbye to his disciples including Mary? Finally, why is it so hard for fundamental Christians to believe that Jesus might have shared his human life with a woman who loved him enough to continue preaching his gospel when he was gone? I take great comfort in imagining that he spent a part of his brief life knowing the love of a woman who may or may not have blessed him with a child. It takes nothing away from the man Jesus who earned every minute of earthly happiness he was afforded. Perhaps God wanted him to know and experience all of our human frailties along with the glory of being a living being. It only makes me love both of them more. I think we should never fear information if we are true Christians with the ability to think and reason. I know that I've made up my mind and heart to consider all possibilities. I don't think God made the margin of achieving grace or knowledge so small and unachievable. I think the film was remarkable and now look forward to continuing my own research about the Jesus Family Tomb . 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: A Salter  •  Date: 03/06/07 15:15
A: Well said Royal Chestnut...perhaps if more people were as open-minded as you appear to be, there would be less fear and more intelligent discourse on spiritual subjects. 
Name: Mark-Tao  •  Date: 03/06/07 15:58
A: all this arguing over religion is really our attemt to define ourselves and to understand our place in the universe.

If we were worms, we'd make Gods out of poop.
It would be very sacred poop. 
Name: Morning Star  •  Date: 03/07/07 20:29
A: Acts 2:31

31Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay.

You honestly don't see a problem here?

1 Corinthians 15: 12-19

12But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men. 
Name: Elijah  •  Date: 03/07/07 22:11
A: Dear RoyalChestnut... Hewbrews 9 says:

The Blood of Christ

11When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here,[b] he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation. 12He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!
15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

16In the case of a will,[d] it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, 17because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. 18This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood. 19When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. 20He said, "This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep."[e] 21In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. 22In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

23It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. 25Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

NIV.

Christ had to ressurect and ascend to become our high priest. The book of Hebrews illustrates this. It will give you a new view on what Christ's purpose was. 
Name: tmf-reporter  •  Date: 03/07/07 22:57
A: No! I am sorry royal chestnutt the truth of the matter is that God did not leave his son's body here on earth with all of his companions. It says so in Luke 24:39! Jesus himself said that he was not risen spiritually but rather physically. This is what YOU need to understand so that you don't sound like you don't know what you are talking about. The rambeling tends to get old and the message that you are just tossing out there without thinking first is totally CONTRARY to biblical doctrine. Yes, I said it. Contrary to biblical doctrine you know why? Because it simply is. You call yourself a christian but do you even know what Christianity is? Do you know the reason that Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave?? Apparently you don't or maybe you do and you just dare to speak out against the gospel of Christ? I don't know but I do know this one thing and that is that the Christianity that these folks are dishing out is NOT biblical Christianity! 
Name: tmf-reporter  •  Date: 03/07/07 23:00
A: I hope that during your whole researching you consider the reason why Christ came to this earth in the first place. Think about it, you are a christian right? Think about it... 
Name: Xcavate  •  Date: 03/08/07 6:01
A: I looked at 2 different bibles and 1 didn't say specifically it was his physical body. Just different interpretations, HUH! 
Name: KRS  •  Date: 03/08/07 17:03
A: Which translations did you use? Some are more accurate to the original Greek than others. If your looking at Modern translations, the most accurate is the NASB. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD