Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » Question to be answered
Hello, guest
Name: mnbear  •  Title: Question to be answered  •  Date posted: 04/27/07 4:50
Q: Ok,

So I am wondering about this. The statistician indicates that the odds are 600:1, however, my understanding that that doesnt take into account that the relative ages of the deceased in the tombs are accurate in comparison to one another and in comparison to the "Family" history of Jesus. So if you take into account the names *AND* the relevant ages don't you thereby, given the number of people in the region, reach astronomical odds that it isnt the family?

Why hasnt anyone discussed this?? 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/27/07 13:40
A: Certain names were very popular but what was incredible was finding a cluster of names relevent to the Bible names in the same tomb.The ossuary culture was practised for a century and ended with the Romans when they put down a revolt several decades after Jesus's death. 
Name: Xcavate  •  Date: 04/27/07 15:00
A: I don't know if there is a way to tell the ages 
Name: CanuckChick  •  Date: 04/27/07 15:02
A: The thing I've been wondering about is how the ossuaries were arranged in the tomb. Can't find an answer to this.

Might this shed some light on the familial relationships? 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/27/07 23:10
A: The only thing you can go by are the drawings in the book.When I viewed my DVD I was surprized that the chevron and circle markings were on some of the ossuaries.There were no dates on that recorded birth and death like we do on our tombstones. 
Name: mnbear  •  Date: 04/30/07 4:25
A: My understanding (albeit limited) is that you can measure the bones and determine a relative age at time of death without the need for any sophisticated dating methodology. So if yo uare able to determine the age of each individual in the tomb compare them to each other, wouldnt you there by be able to tell the cluster of names in the tomb match the story? It is just something that is not talked about or indicated in the documentary and I think that its INCREDIBLY relevant given that the biggest argument is that this could be any family from that time period and the names were common. The names in the cluster may very well be common, but if you find that the ages of each of the bones and those correspond with the known history of their deaths you would reach astronomical odds. Ie (4% of people are named Jesus, 25% mary, x% joseph, x% jose, Jesus with a mother Mary with a father Joseph with a brother Jose whos mother was x years old at death, who's brother was x years old at death, etc) the more commonalities the less chance that it is merely coincidence. I have to believe that some of the members who worked on this read the board, could you please respond as to whether this has been done? 
Name: jsm  •  Date: 04/30/07 4:32
A: mnbear,

Here is an article you might be interested in.

http://www.ingermanson.c-om/jesus/art/stats.php

Remov-e- any "-" 
Name: Xcavate  •  Date: 04/30/07 5:16
A: wouldn't it be something if they could find the bones! 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 04/30/07 15:10
A: The bones are in a cemetary in Isreal.They recieved a Hebrew service in 1980. 
Name: mnbear  •  Date: 05/01/07 23:15
A: I understand that the bones are separated, but they did CATALOGUE them and I am assuming they were able to determine information about the invididuals (Such as age at time of death). If they didnt, I find that HIGHLY suspect. 
Name: mnbear  •  Date: 05/01/07 23:21
A: Thanks, jsm, for that article link. Very informative, but, it does self-admittedly self contradict itself in terms of statistics. This is why cursory evidence, such as the age of death of each of the individuals in the tomb becomes crucial in determining the relevance of the find. It may sound like I am trying to PROVE this Jesus' Tomb theory, but, in actuality, I would be happy with either proving or disproving it as it is tremendously important in historical terms. 
Name: fabulous1  •  Date: 05/02/07 22:50
A: question? When the (all the)tomb(s) were excauvated, did they keep families together in the warehouse? If they did, why? Also how long will the ossuary's last w/o temperture control? or are they being temp controlled? Will they become brittle? I saw the movie-but I can't remember. Please, normal people respond w/o writing a novel. No preaching.Thanks in advance-if you don't know, please direct me somewhere on the site. 
Name: Panluna  •  Date: 05/03/07 14:22
A: fabulous1,
As far as I know the ossuaries were catalogued together in the warehouse and they were buried together.Read the book The Jesus Family Tomb.It's more in depth and contains more facts than the movie and I had to watch my DVD several times to catch what I missed the first time.After all these months it still has quite an impact and I'm still researching related topics. 
Name: fabulous1  •  Date: 05/03/07 22:57
A: panluna Thanks. I ordered the book today. 
Name: Not Dattaswami  •  Date: 05/30/07 0:34
A: .. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD