Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » The problem is not that this is possibly true.
Hello, guest
Name: exact55  •  Title: The problem is not that this is possibly true.  •  Date posted: 03/06/07 10:44
Q: I don't believe in the holy Jesus of the bible although I do believe it possible that a notable man Jesus did exist and was crucified.

I don't like this movie - why? It is presented in an unscientific way distorting the available evidence to make it appear much more plausible. The negative evidence is not explored and the positive evidence is embelished. If a scholar was to present evidence like this in a scientific paper it would be considered fraudulent. This only diminishes it's scientific value and annoys those of us who really would like to explore the evidence. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |
Name: slyfoxx  •  Date: 03/06/07 16:43
A: *chuckling*.....If a scholar was to present the bible in a scientific paper it would and should be considered fraudulent!!!! 
Name: exact55  •  Date: 03/07/07 8:03
A: ;) Yes very true. But it doesn't make this circus any less embarrasing for the scientific community. 
Name: KRS  •  Date: 03/07/07 8:59
A: Eh, I wouldn't go that far in either regard. As a Christian, I don't have a problem with further exploration - I expect it will bury this nonesense. But the evidence they have is pretty weak all the way around. Although, proving anything along these lines is pretty difficult - so far, only three of the names found in the tomb are really useful for consideration at the moment, so even with DNA tests the probability is much lower than what they have calculated, and I have some questions about the way they are sampling material for their probability data. You also have to deal with the archeological evidence present for the tomb of Peter in Rome, which has the advantage of historical works to back it up.

As for presenting the Bible as a scientific paper (in the modern sense), well the Bible isn't a science text book, so I would think not. If one were to present the Bible as a historical paper, well, I don't think the reaction would be quite the same. If Acts, for some reason were not considered a religious work, it would probably be given similar accord as that given to Tacitus, Josephus, Suetonius, etc. 

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD