Debate & Discussion
Glossary
Link to Us
Spread the Word
Trailer
The Press
Buy The BookForumTell a FriendBuy the DVD
Buy the DVDLink to UsNews CoverageBuy The Book
Home » Forum » General Discussions » We will never know the truth for sure, but what if...
Hello, guest
Name: LMHNtrpz  •  Title: We will never know the truth for sure, but what if...  •  Date posted: 03/05/07 21:57
Q: I guess the most provoking thought for me concerning any of this is, why are some people so certain that this could not be true? I was raised a catholic, went to catholic school and church every Sunday; was even an alter server. And yet, as an adult I have questioned many things that we had been taught to accept as truth. There have been so many horrible things done throughout history in the name of religion; all kinds of religion. This still goes on today. And yet, what would Jesus say, be he man or god, of the inhuman way in which we treat each other? In my heart, I think what matters most is how we treat one another. And in that way, we as humans have failed miserably. We are so quick to accuse and mistreat. So easy for us to find fault with one another and believe the worst, and act on narrow beliefs instead of behaving like intellectual and spiritual beings. It amazes me that in the 21st century, we find war and violence acceptable and justifiable. Didn't Jesus teach us to love one another, and to include, not exclude those who are different. I can say that I am still a Christian, but as a spiritual follower, and not a religious follower. Too many of histories saddest and most violent actions have been committed in the name of Christianity, and there are still "so-called Christians" that are too quick to harm and kill in their war of rightousness. Whether or not you believe that Jesus walked this earth as a deity or as a human, I believe in your right to have your beliefs, and I believe in my right, actually all of our rights to question the so-called truths of the past and to beleive that the message, not the doctrine, is most important. I for one, would be thrilled to meet a decendent of Jesus, if there are any alive today, and think that his message of humanity would have even a little more meaning and value if it came from a human being, and not a god; after all, it means that there really is hope for all the rest of us. 
Your Answer:
  <<< Login required    |

Jesus of Nazareth Mary Magdalene: Mariamne Early Christianity
Copyright 2024© Jesusfamilytomb.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms and Conditions | Contact Us

Design and Marketing by TalMor Media

Link To Us Spread The Word Debate and Discussion Buy DVD